How to Grow Hair Faster
Everyone has at some time or another had a bad haircut. You can’t wait until your hair grows back out but it seems to take forever. Some people just have hair that grows slowly. Women may want to have long, luxurious hair but they have trouble getting it that length. The basic cause with having hair that grows at a slow rate is due to genetics. And the unfortunate news is you can’t change your genes.
Another reason why your hair doesn’t get any longer may be due to split ends. Remember, the longer your hair is, the older it is. This means your hair may get brittle and weaker the longer it gets. So you simply can’t get your hair the length that you want it because you have to chop it off to keep it healthy. This leaves you with one main question: how do I make my hair grow faster? Well, there are no miracle cures to make your hair grow faster or prevent
hair loss. You can’t take a pill or use a magical elixir and immediately look like Rapunzel. But there are several steps and techniques that you can apply to give your hair growth a hand.
Growing Your Hair Faster – Hair Growing Tips
- The most important thing that you can do to make your hair grow faster is to make sure you get plenty of vitamins.Hair will get weak and brittle if your body is deficient in the necessary vitamins and nutrients. The simplest hair growing tip is to get vitamin supplements that you can pick up at the store. Your body needs vitamins A, B, C, and E, along with plenty of calcium. If you don’t want to take a lot of different pills, you can get most of these vitamins by eating a balanced diet. Foods that are rich in iron and zinc have also been proven to encourage hair growth. You want to make sure that you get plenty of protein which you can find in meats and beans. If you don’t want to eat red meat such as beef, try some fish. It is rich in protein and a lot healthier. Soy is also rich in proteins and has even been found to strengthen hair. There are amino acid supplements out there that promote hair growth by supplying protein. But the reality is that most people take in enough protein through their diet so that they don’t need amino acid supplements. Only if you do not consume enough calories during your diet should you need to take amino acids.There are some specific ingredients that are essential to hair growth. Every hair care treatment and vitamin that is suited for hair groth should contain the ingredients Biotin and MSM. Biotin can promote the growth of cells and produce such things as fatty acids, metabolism of fats, and amino acids. MSM can act to lengthens the phase for hair growth. By using a combination of these two ingredients is beneficial for healthy hair.
- Another step in growing your hair faster is to get rid of the split ends. If your hair has a lot of split ends and it has been awhile since you had them trimmed, all that you are accomplishing is slowing down the growth rate of your hair. A way to solve this problem is to get your hair trimmed every month or so to keep the split ends under control. This in turn will help stimulate the growth rate of your hair and allow it to grow faster.
- You might try stimulating your scalp. By doing this you can increase the blood circulation to your head which can keep the nutrients flowing to your scalp. One way to do this is by simply rubbing your fingertips in circular motions against your scalp. You should try to do this about two or three times a day if possible. Not only will it help with circulation, but it feels good, too. There is a trick that you can try when you wash your hair that will also help. Mix together a half a cup of rosemary and one cup of tea. Then mix half of this with your normal shampoo. When you use it, the treatment will help to open up the pores in your scalp and increase blood circulation. Another thing to try in order to stimulate blood flow to your scalp is by doing cardio. Cardio exercises are a great way to stay fit and it increases blood flow.
- Exercise is another key. You have got to get out and move. Daily stress and little to no exercise has shown to be a factor in slower hair growth. You should try to get plenty of rest (doctors recommend between 7 to 8 hours a night) and start up an exercise regiment. You don’t have to work out every day but at least a couple of times a week is better than nothing. In the long run, you will find that it will stimulate hair growth.
- You should keep your hair clean. Besides being important for growth, it is just good for personal hygiene. If you are neglecting your hair and have oily roots or a lot of dirt in your hair, you need to develop some better methods of cleanliness. Try changing up your routine to optimize your hair growth potential.
- Be careful how you treat your hair when maintaining it. You should use a specific shampoo and conditioner that is designed for your hair type. After washing, don’t ever brush your hair or use
hair straighteners while it is wet unless you want to damage it. Wet hair is very elastic and by pulling on it you ar eliable to break off bits here and there. A good method to use with wet hair is to work through the tangles with your fingers or a wide-toothed comb. You should also be careful not to over-brush your hair and avoid bristle brushes. They will damage your hair. Brushes with widely spaced bristles are better for your hair and they can help to stimulate the scalp. Try not to use heated tools such as blow dryers or curling irons any more than you ahev to. If you do, use a heat-resistanent spray. And don’t forget that too many trips to the hair salon to get your hair permed or dyed can also cause damage over the long run.
- One thing to help stimulate the growth rate of your hair is to protect your hair. You can keep your hair up so that it is not so exposed to factors of the environment. You can put it up in styles such as a bun, ponytail, cornrows, or French braid. Pull your hair up loosely because you don’t want to put stress on your roots or your scalp by having your hair pulled up too tightly. Always use smooth bands and clips and never use rubber bands. These can put creases in your hand and can break your hair off if you wear it in that style too often.
- If you don’t have the patience to wait for your hair to grow or your hair simply won’t get to the length that you want, you can always try hair extensions. They will give you the look that you desire and you can even wear them while your natural hair grows. There are, however, some drawbacks to the use of hair extensions. Whoever applies the extensions need st be a professional or they can look really fake and cause damage. Extensions must also be replaced every six to eight weeks and that can get expensive.
This entry was posted on Thursday, December 13th, 2012 at 4:41 am and is filed under Hair. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.