What Movie Sequels Are Coming Out in 2010?
What movie sequels are coming out in 2010?
Lots of movie sequels are coming out in 2010. It’s going to be another year of Hollywood churning out sequels and reboots.
People complain about the lack of originality and repetitive nature of Hollywood movies, but some films demand sequels. Sequels can be great–think of The Godfather Part Two, The Wrath of Khan, or The Empire Strikes Back? Those series wouldn’t be nearly as rich without their sequels.
Some great movie sequels are set to appear in 2010. Here’s the sequels to look out for at your local box office.
- Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married Too – Yes, another Tyler Perry movie. I’d say the world was sick of these things if they’d just quit making money at the box office.
- Scream 4
- Spy Kids IV
- Sex and the City 2 – Surprised that another one is coming out? You shouldn’t be. The first was a huge hit in its demographic. The original was a real critical flop, so don’t expect too much from the sequel.
- Little Fockers
- Tron: Legacy
- The Descent: Part 2
- Iron Man 2 -
Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, and Robert Downey Jr. hit the silver screen for this superhero sequel. Expect lots of flash and little substance, typical of comic book sequels.
- Wanted 2
- Mortal Kombat: Devastation
- The Haunting in Georgia
- Toy Story 3
- Austin Powers 4
- Shrek Forever After – I’m looking forward to this sequle mostly because of the plot. Expect Shrek to be cast into a “dark world” where Rumpelstiltskin is King, and Ogres are the prime target of huntsmen.
- XXX: The Return of Xander Cage
- Super Troopers 2 – Nine years after the original appeared, Super Troopers 2 has a lot to live up to. The original is a cult classic, and comedy sequels are not known for their awesomeness.
- Hairspray 2
- The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
- Kung Fu Hustle 2
- Stomp the Yard 2: Homecoming
- Step Up 3-D
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I
- Resident Evil: Afterlife 3-D
- Rambo V: The Savage Hunt – The verdict is split on when this film will actually premiere — let’s be optimistic and say this film about Sly Stone’s most famous character busting up a prostitution ring will make it out this year.
- Untitled Tintin Sequel Project
- The Thomas Crown Affair 2
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
- Beverly Hills Cop IV
- Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps – The plot sounds like the new Wall Street will be an action movie. Gordon Gekko, fresh from prison, helps a young investor find the killer of his mentor.
- Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
- Hostel: Part III
- Naked Gun 4
You might also be interested in some of the following:
This post is part of a series of posts we’re making about 2010 movies. Other posts in the series include:
This entry was posted on Monday, January 18th, 2010 at 3:25 pm and is filed under Entertainment, Movies. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.