What Are The Best Wedding Love Songs?
Weddings are beautiful affairs. They celebrate love, romance, and commitment. So many things go into a wedding to make it the perfect event. One of the most important is the music. When planning a wedding, you have to have the best love songs. They can be played during the wedding ceremony, the reception, or even at the honeymoon suite. When setting up the music, you should make sure that the dj you hire has a good repertoire of love songs in his mix. Ask to look at his list and pick out the ones you like to make sure that they get played. But how do you decide what are the best wedding love songs?
Choosing the Style of Love Songs
There are many different styles of music to choose from and each style has a slew of popular love songs. When choosing the best songs for your wedding, go with the style that you like. You don’t even have to stick with just one. If you like rock, country, and R&B, then throw a little bit of all three in there. Remember, it’s your wedding, right?
Pick Some Crowd Favorites
When choosing the right love songs for your wedding, you want to pick songs that you like. However, do not disregard the guests by picking obscure songs that only you like. Not everyone is going to know that indie band that you fell in love with while at the club one night. Make sure that you choose some songs that everyone is familiar with. They will be guaranteed to have a better time.
Find Out What He Likes
Believe it or not, the groom may have an opinion of his own. Even though it is your day, it would be a good time to practice ‘compromise’. Ask him what kind of songs he likes and if he knows of any good love songs. Try to include him in choosing some songs. He may surprise you by bringing up a song that you haven’t thought of. But if it is something from a band called Metalhead Bunnies From Outer Space, fell free to veto it.
Top 50 Wedding Love Songs
So what are the best wedding love songs? There are tons of love songs that would be great for a wedding but to help you out, here is a list of the top 50 songs and the artists who sings them.
- Sonny and Cher – I Got You Babe
- Lady in Red – Chris Rea
- Tony Bennett – The Way You Look Tonight
- Bon Jovi – I’ll Be There for You
- Toni Braxton – Breathe Again
- Phil Collins – One More Night
- Chicago – You’re the Inspiration
- Nat King Cole – When I Fall in Love
- Gloria Estefan – Live for Loving You
- Peter Gabriel – In Your Eyes
- Faith Hill – Breathe
- Foreigner – Waiting for a Girl Like You
- Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warne – Up Where We Belong
- Elton John – Can You Feel the Love Tonight?
- Elton John - Your Song
- Michael Penn – No Myth
- The Police – Every Breath You Take
- Elvis Presley – I Can’t Help Falling In Love With You
- REO Speedwagon – Can’t Fight This Feeling
- Lionel Richie – Hello
- Lionel Richie – Truly
- Seal – Kiss From a Rose
- Percy Sledge – When a Man Loves a Woman
- Rod Stewart – Have I Told You Lately?
- U2 – With Or Without You<
- U2 – One
- Shania Twain – From This Moment On
- Shania Twain – Forever and For Always
- Luther Vandross – Always and Forever
- Stevie Wonder – I Just Called to Say I Love You
- Trisha Yearwood – How Do I Live
- Beyonce – We Belong Together
- Coldplay – Yellow
- Kelly Clarkson – A Moment Like This
- Whitney Houston – I Will Always Love You
- Journey – Open Arms
- Aerosmith – I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing
- The Beatles – And I Love Her
- Belinda Carlyle – Circles in the Sand
- Sea of Love – Hooneydrippers
- Eric Clapton – Wonderful Tonight
- Etta James – The Very Thought of You
- Frank Sinatra – Someone to Watch Over Me
- Woman – John Lennon
- Norah Jones – I’ve Got To See You Again
- Mary J. Blige – Be Without You
- Sade – Love is Stronger than pride
- Bette Midler – Wind Beneath My Wings
- Engelbert Humerdink – After the Lovin’
- Bryan Adams – Heaven
This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 30th, 2013 at 8:18 am and is filed under Music. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.