Cars Questions & Answers

At one point or another most everyone has experience a problem with their car which is why we created a “Cars Questions & Answers” section.

Our goal is to provide quality cars advice and car tips to help you get the best out of car, find a good deal at a dealership, learn about car insurance and more. If you have a car question or would like to offer some car advice please send us an email to questions [at] askdeb.com.

Car Advice

Providing the best car advice on the internet is our goal. Below is a list of car articles that were specifically written to address the questions submitted by our readers.

Recent Car Related Blog Posts

The following are recent car related blog post we feel are relevant to our readers.

cars-questions-answers

Where To Find Mobile Homes For Sale

Anyone who has shopped for houses knows how expensive they are. A custom home can cost anywhere from under $100,000 up to…well, the sky is the limit actually. Some custom homes can cost millions of dollars.

Where To Find Cheap Cars For Sale

It is a fact of life that cars are expensive. You pay so much money for a product that will only last a limited amount of miles, even with proper care and maintenance. No one wants to drive a clunker but some new cars are just way out of a person’s price range.

What Is The Difference Between 10, 13, and 18 Speed Transmissions?

Truck driving is more than just sitting and following a map. Driving a diesel truck takes experience and a lot of concentration. You have to watch the road as well as the other drivers. You also need to know your gears.

Is Diesel Fuel And Fuel Oil The Same Thing?

Fuel oil is the heaviest form of commercial fuel. It has many uses, everything from heating, transportation, and marine fuels. Like all other fossil fuels, it is made from crude oil. Fuel oil is mainly for industrial use and is most commonly known as a fuel type called diesel.

How Do I Ship My Car?

A good deal on a car is not always going to be locally convenient. Many times auto collectors will find the right car but it may be hundreds of miles away (or even across an ocean). The car is either the right price or is exactly what you are looking for.

How Can I Beat a Speeding Ticket?

Some people have reported beating over 30 speeding tickets by using specific methods aimed at making the police officer feel at ease.

Where To Find Driving Schools

Driving a motor vehicle is a difficult and dangerous task. We may take it for granted but think about it. You have to know the mechanics of how to properly operate your vehicle such as acceleration, braking, steering, gauging distances, speed control, and the rules of the road.

How Do Electric Cars Work?

No longer the stuff of science fiction, electric cars are becoming a reality. How do electric cars work? To put it simply, electric cars run on electric motors rather than gasoline or ethanol powered motors.

What is a High Performance Car?

A high performance car is typically a car that was stock at some point, meaning original from factory, but has had many components upgraded.

What’s the Best Way to Fix a Dent in Your Car?

We’ve all done it — pulled into a parking spot a little too fast and dinged the fender, or watched as a rogue shopping cart made its way across the parking lot to put a nice dent on the side of our car.

How Do I Know How Much Car I Can Afford?

During these rough economic times people need to watch their money a little closer. However, basic needs still arise causing you to fork over more money.

How Do I Fight Rust on My Car?

Now that you have bought your new car it is now time you learn how to protect it. As the years go by your car takes a beating from many things including the weather, debris, potentially yourself and others, and rust.

How to Get the Most Money When Selling Your Car?

When selling your car, do you know how to get the most money out of it? If you think it consists of only cleaning the garbage out of the backseat and giving it a quick bath then you may not be making the maximum potential on your sale.

How Can You Get Auto Insurance Online?

Shopping around for the best car insurance can be a good way to induce a headache. It is time-consuming and about as fun as getting a root canal. Well, maybe not that bad but it is still no picnic.

What Is No Win No Fee Accident Compensation?

Being a driver on today’s roads can be a hazardous undertaking that puts you and your car at risk. It’s like amateur night at Nascar. Sooner or later, there is going to be a wreck and it could be you getting hurt.

Do I Need A DUI Attorney?

Let’s say you have been to a party or a bar and had a few drinks. You feel okay so you decide to drive yourself home.

What Is The Difference Between A DUI and A DWI?

The terms DUI (Driving Under the Influence) and DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) are both terms used to describe drivers who operate a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

What Is A DUI?

For anyone who has ever driven in Los Angeles, Houston, or Atlanta, you know that it is hard enough to drive while plain sober. So if you add the influence of alcohol or other substances into the mix, it makes a bad situation much worse.

How Much Does Motorcycle Insurance Cost?

Anyone with a bike will tell you that there is nothing like being out on the open road. Call it freedom, call it a thrill, or maybe just cheap transportation, a motorcycle is a true joy to drive.

How Do You Ride A Motorcycle?

Ever since Marlon Brando wowed us with his rebellious ways in The Wild One, we have been fascinated with motorcycles. Few machines generate such coolness-factor or an image of freedom.

Should I Buy A Used Rental Car?

When out shopping for a car, not everyone can afford a brand new car fresh off the dealer showroom. It seems like new cars get more expensive every year.

Do I Need Rental Car Insurance?

You can’t always control what happens on the road. Accidents can happen at any time, even if you are driving a rental car. But if you get involved in an accident while driving a renter, who is financially responsible?

Where Can I Buy a Collector Car?

If you go to car shows to ogle all that chrome and the fancy paint jobs on all the classics, sooner or later you are going to want a collector car.

How Do I Start A Collector Car Club?

There are people all over the world who share the same passion and interests in collector cars. When you go to the car shows and talk to some of the hobbyists, you will find that they all have one thing in common.

How Do I Know How Much My Collector Car Is Worth?

Car enthusiasts love their automobiles. From the curve of the body to the shine of the chrome, a car can have both sentimental as well as monetary value.

What Makes A Classic or Collector Car?

Classic collector’s cars have been a part of American culture for decades. There is just something nostalgic about them, reminiscent of a time when cars were manufactured to a high standard like a work of art.

How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?

People love to drive. We love our cars and getting out on the open road and just driving somewhere. What we don’t love is car insurance but it is one of the necessities of owning a car.

Why Do I Need Car Insurance?

Car insurance can be expensive. It gets ranked up there as one of our major monthly bills. If you are a driver with a list of accidents that you have been involved in, the insurance rates can be out of sight.

How to Buy Car Insurance?

Buying car insurance is not a walk in the park. Despite the ads on television claiming that you can find quotes with one click of the mouse, you really have to do some careful shopping to find the best rates.

Where Can I Get Cheap Car Insurance?

Just about everyone wants to find inexpensive car insurance. In this day and age, it is hard to do. Premiums keep going up every year and because shopping for new insurance can be such a pain, most people avoid the hassle and stick to their current policy.

Who Invented Car Insurance?

Some people have often wondered how car insurance came about. Did we really need car insurance? Exactly when did people have to start carrying car insurance?

Is It Illegal to Drive Without Car Insurance?

According to the latest statistics, there are approximately 1.5 million people in the United States that drive without any car insurance. That is a staggering number of uninsured drivers on the road.

How Do I Sell My Car?

People rarely keep their cars throughout their entire adult life. You drive them, you love them, and then for various reasons you sell them.

Where Can I Sell My Car?

Whether you have a customized collectible or an old sedan with a lot of mileage, at some point you may decide to sell your car. You will need to find the blue book value or even try to get the car appraised.

How Much Should I Sell My Car For?

Selling your car and knowing how much to ask for it can be pretty tricky. There are so many factors involved and many times, an accurate appraisal can be vague.

Should I Trade In My Car In Or Sell It?

When the time comes to get a new car, you have to decide what to do with the old one. Unless you have given it over to another member of the family (such as your son who just got his driver’s license), then you will most likely get rid of it.

How Do I Sell My Car on Ebay?

Ebay is one of the most popular auction sites on the internet. It has thousands of buyers and sellers who visit the site daily.

How Do I Find New Car Prices?

Finding new car prices is really pretty easy. Car dealers and manufacturers advertise in just about every medium because they want to draw in business.

How Can I Get The Best Price For A New Car?

Buying a new car can be a major headache. Not every dealership is always willing to work with you on the price. They are trying to make money, remember?

How Do I Know Which New Car Is Right For Me?

There are so many different types of cars available on the market today. You’ve got cars for single people, families, for vacationing or hauling goods, for luxury, and for affordable transportation.

Where Are Pontiac Cars Built?

Pontiac cars are all about style and the driving experience. They are, for the most part, performance cars and sporty SUVs. Pontiac has historically manufactured a wide range of coupes, sedans, and wagons.

Are Pontiac Cars Reliable?

Pontiac’s sporty cars have been around for decades. Since they first introduced the GTO back in 1964, Pontiac has been synonymous with performance sport vehicles.

How Old Do You Have To Be To Rent a Car?

Rental cars are definitely handy to have around because when you need one, you really need one. There are car rental companies all across the globe.

Where can I rent a car?

Few things compare to being stranded somewhere without a car. Unless you are a big fan of “walking the earth”, you need a car. It doesn’t matter if you have to be at a business meeting by a certain time or you are on a leisurely vacation around the world.

Car Tips

The car tips listed here are meant to answer the questions most frequently asked by our readers.

I need to buy a car. How do I research a car on the Internet?

Here are some very good resources for you to locate the best price on a new or used car.

Where can I find information about racing De Loreans?

Here’s a De Lorean link click here and another good resource on auto racing below.