What Is the Record for the Longest Craps Roll?

What is the record for the longest craps roll?

At the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa on the night of May 23rd, 2009, Patricia Demauro of Denville, New Jersey set a new record for the longest craps roll. Demauro rolled the dice for 4 hours and 18 minutes before her ridiculous string of consecutive rolls finally ended. Borgata Casino officials said that her roll beat the previous mark of 3 hours, 6 minutes set nearly 20 years ago at a Las Vegas casino.

Demauro bought into a craps game with $100 at about 8 pm and quickly drew a large crowd of cheering supporters. When Demauro eventually “sevened out” about 12:30 am, she was given a champgne toast. Demauro had made it through 154 rolls of the dice without hitting a seven after the point.

“This was only my second time playing craps, so this was very exciting for me to be a part of history,” Demauro said in a television interview. The Borgata Casino would not disclose how much she won during her record setting stretch at the craps table, and it seems likely that they asked Demauro not to disclose this information either — when asked how much money she’d earned at the table that night, Demauro would only laugh and say “It was a very good night.”

Ms. Demauro’s roll lasted over four hours and beat not just the number of dice rolls, but eclipsed time length records. The previous time record belonged to Mr. Stanley Fujitake, whose record length of three hours and six minutes at the California Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas only involved about 118 “table decisions”. Ms. Demauro is now the new craps champ in terms of time and in terms of the total number of rolls before sevening out.

The previous record holder for number of rolls came in at 147, but lasted only two hours and 18 minutes. The great differences between time and number of rolls can be explained rather simply — both Fujitake and Demauro were rolling on 14 foot craps tables packed with players, most of them making Hardways bets and other less traditional bets that took a lot of time to pay out. The prior record holder in terms of number of rolls was playing with only 12 players at a 12 foot table, most of them ignoring the more dangerous bets, thus that record holder was able to get in many more rolls in a lot less time.

We don’t know much about the incredibly lucky Ms. Demauro, other than the fact that she was a true amateur, having only rolled the dice at a craps table once before.

The odds of a player hitting seven on any given single roll are naturally higher because there are more dice combinations that add up to seven than any other number. The dice combinations 1-6, 2-5, 3-4, 4-3, 5-2, or 6-1 will lead to a change of the dice. For Demauro to last over four hours and 154 rolls of the dice without hitting any of these six combinations after establishing the point is an almost unbelievable feat.

See also:

3 thoughts on “What Is the Record for the Longest Craps Roll?

1. A VICTOR

IT DOESNT MEAN SHE DIDNT THROW ANY SEVENS DURING THE ROLL.JUST THAT THE SEVENS WERE’NT THROWN AFTER SHE ESTABLISHED HER POINT.SHE MAY HAVE THROWN MANY ON THE FIRST ROLL OR WHAT IS KNOWN AS THE COME OUT ROLL.BUT IT’S STIIL AN INCREDIBLE FEAT. I ONLY WISH I WAS THERE PLAYING.

2. C.David Stovall

this is alot harder than most people can ever imagine, unless they are crap shooters. I have shot dice all my life, well since I was 9 and I am 66 now, maybe have helt the dice for 30 min’s a few times,but not many.

3. Roller

Harder to imagine, yes, indeed. I wish they’d stop emphasizing elapsed time and concentrate on number of rolls. The crew and other players can slow down or speed up a game considerably depending on their actions. That is why I hate tournaments that are time-based. Someone can get the lead and then delay the game to win in a dishonest fashion. But to roll 154 times goes beyond unbelievable. If everyone on Earth did nothing but roll dice for the next 1000 years no one would duplicate or exceed that feat. By the end of her roll I would have had $5000 come bets on every number with $25,000 odds. OMG, 35-55,000 dollars for every roll! I think I’m gonna be sick.