How Do I Make My Hair Grow Faster?

How to Make Your Hair Grow Faster

Did you recently shave your head, and then you decided you didn’t like the look? And now you’re asking yourself, “How do I make my hair grow faster?”

Or did you get your hair cut too short for some reason? And like the guy in the previous example, you’re wondering, “Gee whiz, how can I make my hair grow back faster?”

Are you gradually starting to lose your hair? Maybe you should be asking, “How do I reverse male-pattern baldness?” instead of  “How do I make my hair grow faster?”

Control Excessive Hair Loss Guaranteed

How to Make Your Hair Grow FasterAt any rate, the answer is that you can’t make your hair grow faster. The rate at which your hair grows is determined by your DNA structure. Some people’s hair grows faster than others, but not usually by a significant amount. Most people grow their hair at a rate of half an inch or so per month, or six inches per year.

Here are a couple of other cool facts about hair growth:

• A normal scalp has about 100,000 strands of hair on it.
  • Those strands of hair have a lifespan of 1 to 5 years each.
  • People lose an average of 100 strands of hair per day under normal conditions.
  • Baldness happens when those strands of hair don’t grow back.

(Thanks to Hairfinder for some of this data.)

More than half of all men have some kind of problem with baldness by the time they reach the age of 50. My solution is to keep my hair really short, and at one time I even shaved it all off. People seemed to think that bald was a good look on me, and they sure seem to like it on Patrick Stewart and Bruce Willis. But if you came here looking for a solution or treatment for baldness, here are a couple of things to consider:

• Propecia and Minoxidil are the 2 most popular baldness treatments available, but both of them work better as a preventive measure. So start your treatment for baldness earlier. These drugs won’t help you grow your hair faster, but they will prevent you from becoming balder.
  • Most baldness treatments might as well be made of snake oil.
  • Combovers generally look pretty bad, Donald Trump notwithstanding.
  • Hairpieces generally don’t look much better than combovers.
  • Hair plugs can also be easy to spot.
  • A shaved head can be pretty doggone cool.

You might have come to this blog looking for how to make your hair grow faster, but with any luck, you’ll leave with at least an inkling that it might be okay to be okay with your hair the way it is. Or with total baldness.

Or you can read our other article about How Do I Make My Hair Grow Faster, in the content section, which contains more tips and advice for people who want to grow their hair faster.

Control Excessive Hair Loss Guaranteed