Knowing how to get cheap Internet service can make a big difference when it comes time to pay your bills each month. This is true whether you’re shopping for dial-up Internet service, DSL internet service, satellite Internet service or T1 Internet service.
Internet service providers such as AOL and AT&T are among the biggest names in the business, but a number of ISPs exist which offer much lower prices. Just follow the tips below and you’ll be enjoying cheap Internet in no time.
Eliminate Your Phone Line
One way to get cheaper Internet service is by eliminating your phone line. If you have a cell phone, do you really need a phone line in the first place?
Instead, ask your phone company if they will turn off the phone line and just provide Internet service. While this tip doesn’t actually make your Internet cheaper, it will shave off some money each month by eliminating unnecessary costs.
Companies such as Qwest will allow you to “bundle” your phone, Internet and satellite television charges. This will result in a lower monthly bill, and you can save several hundred dollars per year by bundling multiple services.
Know Your Options
Consult The Internet
A number of websites document the lowest available Internet prices. All you have to do is enter your zip code, and you’ll be taken to a webpage where the best ISP deals are displayed.
Compare Prices for Internet
People who know how to get cheap Internet will tell you that it’s important to compare prices. The Internet is a valuable tool when it comes to comparative shopping, but there’s no substitute for calling the providers directly and seeing what kind of deals are currently available.
Watch out for scams while you’re doing this, though. If you find a site which looks promising, be sure to run a search on it to make sure it’s legitimate.
Check The Service Plan
When it comes to selecting an ISP, you’ll need to read the fine print. Often, this can be done by looking over the service plan. Items such as cost, security and number of available email addresses will be provided.
Cheap Internet Service Providers
While this list is hardly exhaustive, I’ve attempted to detail a few of the cheapest Internet service providers currently available.
- Net Zero – Their platinum package is available for $6.95 per month. They offer some of the fastest connection speeds for dial-up customers.
- Juno – Their platinum plan is available for $9.95, while the Speedband plan is $14.95 per month. Also available for the Mac.
- People PC Online – For the first three months, subscribers will get Internet service for only half price. After that, they’ll pay $10.95 per month.
- 550 Access – Offering cheap dial-up service, 550 Access has plans ranging from $5.50 per month to $8.95. There are no pop-ups or banner ads, and free support is available.
- TotalUSA – Offers cheap prices for 56k connections.
- Turbo Standard
- Basic ISP