Internet Questions & Answers

The introduction of the internet launched a technology boom that has unveiled numerous advances in telecomunications, advertising, web hosting, broabad, and voice over ip (VOIP) just to name a few.

In this “Internet Questions & Answers” section we will provide internet tips and general internet advice. We plan to do more than just touch the surface of these topics devling deeply to inform you about not only how internet related prodcuts and technologies work but how you can make the best use of them.

To learn more about affordable internet product, visit Cheap Internet Deals.

If you would to submit a question please send an email to questions [at] askdeb.com.

Internet Advice

The purpose of the internet advice found in this section is to help you learn about different internet technologies, how they work and how to use them.

Recent Internet Related Blog Posts

The following are recent internet related blog post we feel are relevant to our readers.

• What is the Google News Timeline?
  • Internet Advertising Tips

internet-computing-questions

What Is a T1 Line?

A T1 line is a dedicated digital communication link from the phone company that offers as much as 1.544 megabits per second of bandwidth. This speed of communication is most often used for carrying lots of traffic to and from private business networks and Internet service providers.

What is an “Online Fax Machine”?

An online fax machine is an online fax service that lets you send, receive and record faxes without the need of paper fax machines or any kind of paper records at all.

How Can I Check My Husband’s MSN Messenger Chat History At Work?

So you don’t quite trust your husband or maybe you do but you’d like to keep an eye on him. It is probably just as well. We men are notorious for getting ourselves into trouble.

How Do I Make My Own Website?

Learning how to build your own website can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. There are websites available to host your site and provide simple interfaces to help you design your site.

What is Google?

What is Google? A better question might be what isn’t it? This corporation has grown from a small startup to the most influential company on the Internet.

How Do You Make Your Blog More Interesting?

These days just about everyone, from your neighbor across the street to your sweet Aunt Pearl, has a blog. They can post about all sorts of subjects from the weird to the completely mundane.

What is the Conficker Worm and the Doomsday Virus?

A number of readers have written in and asked, “What is the Conficker Worm and the Doomsday Virus?” Fortunately, these annoying and destructive computer viruses are the same thing, so you only have one nuisance to worry about.

What is the April Fools Worm and How do I Protect My Computer from It?

Following a recent report from 60 Minutes, we’ve been flooded with emails asking, “What is the April Fools Worm, and how do I protect my computer from it?” Luckily for PC owners, the solution to the problem is easier than one might think; it’s discovering the problem that’s the hard part.

What Are Social Media Sites?

“Social media sites” are user-generated content websites where readers interact with the site with their computers or mobile communications devices to post word content, audio, pictures or video content.

How Do I Become A Blogger?

Blogs, or “weblogs”, are not just the latest fad — they are an entire new form of media and expression enjoyed by literally billions of viewers around the world.

How Do I Protect My Computer From Hackers On The Internet?

Computer hacking may seem like a cool thing to do. They’ve made movies where a hacker is the good guy so it must be true, right? WRONG.

How Do I Prevent Spyware On My Computer?

Have you ever downloaded something and then suddenly your computer slows down and starts acting weird? Maybe your homepage on your web browser got changed or you suddenly get pop-up ads that appear on your screen.

How Do I Prevent Viruses On My Computer?

Have you ever opened up an email attachment, even from someone you know and trust, and suddenly Bam! You’ve got a virus.

How Do I Make My Computer Run Faster?

Don’t you love the way a new computer flies through applications and programs? It seems to do a task as soon as you click the mouse. But computers don’t run at that speed forever.

How Do I Use The Internet To Run A Criminal Background Check?

These days, a criminal background check is a requirement for many jobs. It is important to know the people that you are dealing with before giving them access to you and others in any office or place of employment.

What Is An Internet Phone, What is VOIP, And Are They The Same Thing?

If you’re over the age of 30, all these new high-tech gizmos can be a little confusing sometimes. That’s why people often write in and ask me, “What is an Internet phone, what is VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) , and are they the same thing?”.

Who is Qwest Internet?

Qwest Internet provides video, voice and data services in many states throughout America. They initially offered telephone service, but they have since grown to also include Verizon Wireless products, broadband phone service, Internet connections and DIRECTV.

Who is RCN Internet?

RCN Internet is a provider of high-speed Internet, digital cable and phone bundles. In business since 1996, they utilize fiber-optic cables to service the following areas: Chicago, Boston, New York City, Washington, D.C. and Philadelphia.

How To Find Cheap T1 Internet Services?

Finding cheap T1 internet service is a heck of a lot easier than finding quotes on T3 internet services. Just about any individual who uses high speed internet connections use a T1 set-up.

What is a T1 Internet Connection?

In Japan, North America and South Korea, the T1 Internet connection has become the standard telecommunications method for transferring data (via a network router) and voices (via a telephone system) from device to device.

How To Find Cheap T3 Internet Services?

Finding cheap T3 internet services can be a real hassle, because there seem to be a million online T3 service providers and it’s hard to tell which ones are better than others.

What is a T3 Internet connection?

T3 Internet connections work at incredible speeds (45 million bits per second). As such, they are primarily used by organizations with high traffic (such as companies and universities).

Where Can I Find Cheap High Speed Internet?

You can find cheap high speed internet with just a little bit of online research. These days, there are hundreds of high speed internet providers.

How to Get Cheap Internet?

Knowing how to get cheap Internet service can make a big difference when it comes time to pay your bills each month. This is true whether you’re shopping for dial-up Internet service, DSL internet service, satellite Internet service or T1 Internet service.

How Much Does High Speed Internet Service Cost?

These days, high speed internet doesn’t cost that much. You can find a good high speed internet hookup for a cost of $10 a month. This might not be the highest-performing internet service provider on the market, but you won’t notice much of a difference in your internet speed.

What is High Speed Internet?

High speed Internet, also known as “broadband Internet,” is a type of Internet access which allows for a high data rate. It is much faster than the standard dial-up connection (which is normally only capable of 56 kilobits per second), and the user may retain full use of their phone line.

How Does High Speed Internet Work?

When answering the question, “How does high speed Internet work?”, we need to individually examine the three most common types of high speed Internet services: DSL, cable and satellite.

What Internet Packages Are Available?

As the Internet continues to grow, subscribers are constantly asking the question, “What Internet packages are available?”. It’s a simple enough question, but the answer can be quite overwhelming considering the amount of available packages and bundles.

Who Provides the Best Internet Packages?

When it comes time to select an Internet package or Internet bundle (a combination of Internet service, phone service and television service), one of the first questions on your mind should be, “Who provides the best Internet packages?”.

Who is the Best Internet Hosting Company?

When it comes time to find a host for their website, many people ask the same question: “Who is the best Internet hosting company?”

What is Internet Web Hosting?

Simply put, Internet web hosting allows a person or company to have their own website. The web host owns space on a server, and they allow their clients to use part of this space for websites.

How Does Wireless Internet Work?

If you’re in the market for wireless Internet access or wireless Internet service, you may have asked yourself the question, “How does wireless Internet work?”.

How Does VOIP Work?

VOIP, also known as Voice Over Internet Protocol, allows users to talk over their computers just like they were making a regular phone call. Audio signals are collected, turned into digital signals, and then transmitted over the Internet.

How to make Internet phone calls?

As technology advances, learning how to make Internet phone calls becomes increasingly important. In the future, this could very well become the most common method of person-to-person communication.

How To Get Internet On Your Phone?

If you find yourself in an area that doesn’t support a standard Internet connection, it’s helpful to know how to get Internet on your phone.

How Do I Advertise on the Internet?

Advertising on the Internet is the best way to make people aware of your goods and services in the digital world. People all over the globe log on every day, so Internet advertising brings with it the possibility of millions of clients.

How Does Internet Advertising Work?

Internet advertising allows a person or business to advertise their goods or services online. Many different options exist, allowing the advertiser to pick and choose from the options which they find most successful.

What is Internet Advertising?

Internet advertising is a way of marketing services or products on the World Wide Web. This can be done through search engine optimization, banner ads, affiliate marketing, email marketing, SEM marketing and Web 2.0 strategies.

Does Internet Advertising Work?

With Internet advertising, a company or person can promote their goods or services online by methods such as banner ads, pop-up ads, pay-per-click ads and ezine ads. But does Internet advertising work?

Internet Tips

For your convenience we’ve put together this list of internet tips. If you’d like to see more post your questions in our community forum.

How can I add streaming audio (mp3s) to my website?

There are several programs out there, but the best one I’ve found is the Wimpy Player.

Can you have two anti-virus programs on your computer at the same time?

It is NOT a good idea to have more than one anti-virus program on your computer because it can cause configuration conflicts.
Important things to know about computer viruses.

• You can get a virus from email attachments
  • It is not ok to open email attachments
  • Run a virus checker on any programs you download off the internet or receive as an attachment to e-mail

How can I find if a domain name (dot com) is available?

Use the searchbox below:

Can you recommend affordable and reliable internet access?

Why spend $23.90/month on AOL? Get NetZero Platinum’s fast, reliable internet access for only 9.95/month.

Who is Majordomo and why is he returning my e-mail?

He is “master of the house” designed to copy and distribute e-mail to everyone who has subscribed to a particular mailing list. He is not a real person and has a very limited “vocabulary” and can only respond to a handful of commands (like subscribe – help – list). The commands must be in the body of the e-mail and in perfect syntax. Majordomo will ignore anything placed on the subject line on your e-mail. If you still need help getting majordomo to work for you, let me know and I’ll help you.