If you want to watch movies on Google, it’s easier than you might think. In fact, this article is designed to tell you all about Google Movies and Google Video, especially how convenient and simple they are.
What Are Google Movies?
Google movies are shown as part of the Google Video website. This allows you to watch clips of numerous shows from around the world, as well as television programs, movie trailers and other types of entertainment. Google movies also includes many full-length feature films, although copyright issues could cause them to be pulled in the future.
If you go to Google.com, you can choose from options such as “Images,” “News,” and “Web.” At the end of the list, you’ll find an option labeled “More.” If you click on this option, a drop-down menu will appear with additional Google functions.
The top option will be labeled “Video,” and this is the one you want to click on. After doing so, you’ll be taken to the main page for Google Video.
Google Video Search
If you want to know, “How do you watch movies on Google? What are Google Movies?”, you may want to start by checking out the page’s search features. You have two options: conduct a search through all the videos on Google or search through only the videos playable on Google.
In smaller font, you’ll also see an option called “Advanced Video Search.” By clicking here, you can search for videos within the following parameters:
- Videos in a specific language (everything from Arabic to Norwegian)
- Videos under 4minutes, from 4 to 20 minutes, or longer than 20 minutes.
- Videos from a specific site such as YouTube.
- Videos posted today, this week, this month, or all dates.
- Videos which only feature closed captioning.
- Videos which are comprised of one or more of the following files: ASF, MOV, AVI, MP4, FLV, MPG, M4V or WMV.
- Searches can be instructed to search for specific words, exact phrases or even to omit words.
- Results can be sorted by relevance, rating, views and date.
- You can choose to view 10, 20, 30, 50 or 100 results per page.
Google Video Content
When people ask, “How do you watch movies on Google? What are Google movies?”, I often reply by just directing them to the site. Within seconds, even the most computer illiterate person should be able to figure out how it works.
The Google video content is always changing, and visitors to the site will first see the “Hot Videos” of the day. Here are just a few of the Google videos I saw when first arriving to the site:
- A Japanese animated program.
- Etta James in concert.
- An interview with the mother of octuplets.
- A trailer for Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen.
- An interview with Lil Wayne.
If you sign into the site, Google Video will also perform its own search and make recommendations for you. While you won’t always be interested in its suggestions, you’d be amazed at how many unique movies and videos you might otherwise miss out on.
Google Video content is also available in International versions for the following countries: United States, Australia, Canada, Spain, France, Italy, Germany, The Netherlands, Poland, The United Kingdom, China, Japan and Korea.
How To Watch Movies On Google
When I’m asked, “How do you watch movies on Google? What are Google movies?”, I tell them that watching movies on Google is ridiculously simple. Just find the video or movie you want to watch and click on it. Assuming that you have a high-speed connection, it should begin playing within a matter of seconds. That’s all there is to it!