Where Can I Find Out About New Movies On DVD?

If you’re the type of movie fan who loves to rent or buy hit films as soon as they become available, maybe you should be asking, “Where can I find out about new movies on DVD?”. Fortunately for you, there are a large number of resources out there to help you in your quest for popular movies.

Latest DVD Releases Online

In this article, I’ll be detailing a number of answers to the question, “Where can I find out about new movies on DVD?”. Some answers, like finding the latest dvd releases online, are pretty obvious, but there might be a few surprises included that you’ve never even considered.

New DVD Releases On The Internet

When it comes to finding out about almost anything, the Internet is always at the top of my list. A vast number of websites exist which detail upcoming new release DVDs, but the following are some of the best that I’ve come across:

• Amazon – They won’t rent you a movie, but they’ll be more than happy to sell you a copy and ship it right to your door. Amazon carries all the popular DVD and Blue-ray releases for both film and television, and their site is grouped into convenient categories which allow customers to search by movie genre. Upcoming release dates for films are also available.
  • Movies.com – This movie website features release dates for new DVDs, a list of new movies on DVD, and reviews of new and older films. Of course, what else would you expect from a site with a URL like movies.com?
  • DVDVerdict.com – DVD Verdict specializes in movies on DVD and Blue-ray. They includes reviews for all new DVD and Blue-ray releases, and they even have a section where you can see literally every DVD coming out this week (as well as weeks or months in advance). From movies on DVD to aerobic exercise programs on DVD, this site has it all. You can even browse the cover art for upcoming DVD releases, which can be especially helpful when you’re trying to look through a few hundred options.

Check Your Local Video Store

new-movies-dvd

When answering the question, “Where can I find out about new movies on DVD?”, I would suggest that you check your local video store. Rental chains such as Blockbuster, Family Video and Movie Gallery each have a list of upcoming DVD releases right next to the checkout counter. Since they want your repeat business, a video store is going to do everything in their power to make sure you’re aware of that hot DVD release that’s right around the corner.

Watch Television

While it’s not the most effective way to learn about upcoming DVD releases, you’re bound to see commercials for a few new DVDs if you watch enough television. I wouldn’t go out of my way to attempt this strategy, but you might pay closer attention to the commercials if you’re going to be watching anyway.

Ask Your Friends

When looking for the hottest new release movies, be sure and consult your friends. If you have a pal who’s a real movie buff, their knowledge could prove especially valuable. Whether you’re looking for new movies on DVD today, new movies on DVD this week, or the best new movies on DVD, friends can often be an unexpected source of information.

See Also: