Music Questions & Answers

music-questions-answersVery few things are as personal to someone as their preference and taste in music. Which is why so many of our members send in music related questions. In our “Music Questions & Answers” section you’ll also find music advice and music tips contained in the responses written by our staff.

Are you interested in finding out about a particular music style? Or perhaps you’d like to know more about your favorite band. If so please send us an email to questions [at] askdeb.com and we’ll try to answer your questions promptly and accurately.

Music Advice

These articles feature some of the latest music advice submited at AskDeb.com. If you would like contribute please visit our forum at the “Community” link on the top menu of this page.

Caravan Dance Version by Duke Ellington

It’s possible the song you’re looking for is “Caravan” by Timo Maas featuring Finlay Quaye. The song appeared as the 13th track on Timo Maas’s 2002 album, Lost. (Though there are two copies sold on Amazon, and one version of the album replaces “Caravan” with a Paul Oakenfold song. Remember to be sure and get the right album when buying the product on Amazon or elsewhere.)

Who Sings Wild Side Of Life?

The song opens up with the lyrics “You wouldn’t read my letter if I wrote you/You asked me not to call you on the phone/But there’s something I am wanting to tell you/So I wrote it in the words of this song”.

Why Did Daryl Hall And Sara Allen Break Up?

Daryl Hall, who is part of the famous 80’s duo Hall and Oates, had a relationship with songwriter Sara Allen for the better part of 30 years. The two had an on again/off again relationship but they finally parted ways back in 2001.

Who Sings The Song That Sounds Similar To “Time Of The Seasons”?

Even if you didn’t grow up in the 60’s, you’ve probably heard the song “Time of the Seasons” at some point in popular media. Some people think the actual title is “It’s the Time of the Seasons” which is the song’s main chorus line.

Who Originally Wrote The Song “Rollin’ and Tumblin’”?

The song “Rollin’ and Tumblin’” is a classic blues song from the early days of the modern blues pioneers. It encompasses everything from what you think a blues song should be.

How To Buy a Guitar

Knowing how to buy a guitar is very much like buying anything else. You don’t need to be an expert guitarist, but you do need to be a savvy shopper.

What is the Music Score For Numb3rs Episode 23 May 15th?

I’m pretty sure the song you’re looking for is “The Sniper at the Gates of Heaven” by the Black Angels. I had meant to include the lyrics to The Sniper at the Gates of Heaven, but apparently, finding the lyrics to the song is harder than finding the song itself.

How do Music Royalties Work? And How are Music Royalties Calculated?

Here’s basically how royalties work, though I would suggest you get a deeper understanding if you’re going to be in the music business. Copyright laws state that when 2 or more musicians collaborate on writing a song (either musically or lyrically), then the ownership is “pro rata”.

How Can I Learn How To Sing?

While there are many people that are born with the natural gift of singing, even they too need to practice to get better. All of your favorite singers at one point or another have probably have had lessons and help from professional coaches.

Who is Susan Boyle?

If you’ve turned on the TV in the last week, you’ve likely seen her — a plain looking older Scottish woman with a microphone in her hands and a crowd of people on their feet.

Who Sang This Song or Who Wrote That Music?

Occasionally, readers here at AskDeb will write in asking for information on who wrote a song, who sang some popular song of the past or even what a particular song someone heard once was.

How Do I Choose Good Music For Cheerleading?

Choosing good music for cheerleading routines is harder than it would seem. First, you have to choose high-energy songs.

What Are The Best Places To Get Country Music Ringtones?

Getting country music ringtones is a mixed bag on the internet. Some of the best ringtones download sites don’t offer a whole lot of country music ring tones, even if they have huge ringtones archives for other popular music categories.

Who Sang That Song?

This page collects all of the “who sang that song” and “who sings that song” questions on one page, along with the answers to those questions. So if you’re wondering who sings (fill in the blank here), this is the place to find out.

How Do I Get Into the Music Business?

I’m assuming if you’re asking that question, that you want to get into the music business as a successful musical act. I’ll put it to you straight.

How Do You Start a Music Management Company?

Starting a music management company allows someone who loves the music industry and wants the excitement of the music business to get involved in the scene.

What Are The Best Wedding Love Songs?

Weddings are beautiful affairs. They celebrate love, romance, and commitment. So many things go into a wedding to make it the perfect event.

How Can I Use Music To Improve My Mood?

Using music to improve your mood is a perfectly valid use of songs. In fact, music has been used to uplift humans since the beginning of human history. Music uplifts the spirit and increases energy among individuals and groups.

How Can I Learn To Appreciate Classical Music?

Learning to appreciate classical music is probably just a matter of time. If you spend the time to listen to classical music and search for the classical music tunes you’ll most enjoy, you’ll start to appreciate the craftsmanship and imagination which goes into great classical music.

How Does Yahoo Music Work?

Yahoo Music provides Internet radio and a number of music services to its users. YahooMusic also provides music videos, music news and music artist information & bios, as well as original music programming to visitors. Yahoo! Music is both a media player and an online music site.

What Is The Best Music Download Site?

There are so many great music download sites out there, that it’s hard to pick out just one. In fact, everybody has different download preferences, different mp3 players with different compatibilities and completely disparate ideas about what makes a good music download site.

Where Can I Download Free Christmas Music?

The best place to download free Christmas music is probably “Feels Like Christmas“. This site has legal free mp3 files of Christmas music. The “Feels Like Christmas” website takes artist-submitted Christmas content from several different styles and eras.

How Do I Become A Rap Music Producer?

Becoming a rap music producer sounds like a glamorous job with all kinds of rewards, but you are going to have to master a myriad of different skills and knowledge before you can become a successful rap music producer.

How Do I Choose Music For An Aerobics Workout?

Choosing good music for an aerobics workout requires matching the tempo of the music to the intensity of your workout.

Where Can You Download Karaoke Music?

Most sites which allow music downloads also have software for downloading karaoke music. The selection might not be as large as the downloadable commercial music from the original artists, but you’ll be able to find a wide selection of songs on your larger karaoke download sites.

How Do I Get A Job In Radio Sales?

Radio sales jobs can be exciting and economically rewarding, so becoming an “account executive” is a coveted position for salespeople. That said, becoming a radio salesperson is possible, because there are a lot of radio stations out there.

Where And How Did Rap Music Originate?

Rap music originated in the middle of the 1970′s, though the music genre did not get nationwide attention until the early 1980′s. By the late eighties, rap music was a major part of the American mainstream musical landscape.

How Do I Find New Music To Listen To?

There are so many ways to find new music to listen to. I’ll try to go over some of the best ones I can think of off the top of my head.

How Can I Learn To Appreciate Country Music?

It sounds like you’re someone who’s trying to appreciate country music to adapt to a new setting. That is, I bet you either have a new boyfriend/girlfriend who wants to listen to country music, you started working somewhere that plays country music all day or you just moved South.

What Is Zydeco Music?

Zydeco music is an American folk music form which developed during the first few decades of the 20th century in a particular part of Louisiana, namely southwest Louisiana near the Texas border.

What Is Music Technology?

Music technology describes the technological equipment used mainly to compose, perform, record, store and play back modern music.

What Is Reggae Music?

Reggae music is a Jamaican musical genre with roots in the several Caribbean music and African music forms, as well as the rhythm and blues genre of American music.

What Is Ska Music?

Ska music is a distinctive Jamaican musical genre created in the late-1950′s, which went on to influence the later reggae music form. Ska music itself was heavily influenced by Jamaican “mento music”, as well as calypso music out of Trinidad & Tobago.

What Is Music Row?

Music row is an area in Nashville, Tennessee where hundreds of music-related businesses are found. These businesses are cogs in the country music, Contemporary Christian music and gospel music industries.

What Is Zune Music?

“Zune” is the brand name for a popular product line of portable media players created by Microsoft in cooperation with Toshiba.

What Is Music Publishing And What Do Music Publishers Do?

Music publishing is the marketing of original songs through the issuance of licenses of various sorts which authorize use of these songs. The licenses a music publisher will issue involve mechanical, synchronization, performing rights, print and other licenses.

Music Tips

Are you looking for the lyrics to a song? Are you seeking information about your favorite artist or group? Then these music tips should help you out.

Who sang the following songs… “She’s Leaving Home”, “Second Home By The Sea” and “Homeward Bound”?

“She’s Leaving Home” is by The Beatles, “Second Home By The Sea” is by Genesis and “Homeward Bound” is by Simon and Garfunkel.

Get Rock collectibles including Beatles Sheet Music at The Rock Snob.

Who sang the song, “Since He Said Goodbye” or it may be, “One Less Man to Pick Up After”?

The song you are referring to is “One Less Bell to Answer” written by Bacharach/David and sung by Marilyn McCoo while she was with The 5th Dimension.

Who sang “Don’t Say Goodnight and Mean Goodbye” and “I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if I was looking back”?

The Shirelles sang “Don’t Say Goodnight and Mean Goodbye” and The Browns (Jim and Maxine Brown) sang “Looking Back to See”.

Would you happen to know who sings “Generation Landslide”?

Alice Cooper sings Generation Landslide. It’s on the CD Special Forces.

Do you know the second song in the “Cruel Intentions” trailer?

(I know that the first song is “6 underground” by the Sneaker Pimps and the last song is “How Soon is Now?” by Love Spit Love.) … a follow up post to this finds that this song is NOT on the soundtrack. Here are some of the lyrics (we think?) “Now far gone, so far beyond, Oh that I don’t hold on and on [or uh-oh].” Does anyone know the title to this song? If so, please e-mail us.

I found! The name of the band is Pushmonkey and the song is “Cut the Cord”. Thanks for helping me find the other two titles. - Darth

Deb says…. Good job, Darth! Thank you for finding the title to that song. Click here and it will bring you to a page where you can hear several Cruel Intentions Songs from that movie.

I am trying to find information on the artist who sang “Listen To My Heart”

The lyrics are “Listen to my heart, that’s what you are, you’re everything there is to being true”. I originally found it on MP3.com, but they are no longer in existence.

I did a search for the song “Listen to My Heart” and found that the artist’s name is Larry Edoff. Here is a link to the official website of Larry Edoff. There are links to sound files, lyrics, and to buy the CD titled “In Subtle Tones”.