Who has not ever wanted to be a celebrity? Haven’t you wanted to walk the red carpet and or be famous enough to get invited to all the best Hollywood parties? Ever wanted to be that high-rolling rock star adored by millions?
Most people believe that celebrities have it made. They have fame, recognition, and wealth. These days the most powerful celebrities are those that not only have all three but also have a bit of power to them.
Famous people can get things that no normal person can get and they get special treatment. Why? Because everyone loves a celebrity.
Achieving hot celebrity status is not just about how much you are paid. It also involves things such as popularity and political and social influence. If you have ever wondered who are the most powerful celebrities, here is a list of the top 25.
Top 25 Powerful Celebrities
- Tiger Woods – Without a doubt, one of the most successful and highly paid athletes in sports today. He has won numerous PGA golf tours, has a long list of paid endorsements, and has been awarded the PGA Player of the Year nine times. Gross earnings: $115 million
- Angelina Jolie – Not only is she one of the most powerful and recognized celebrities in the world, she is also one of the most beautiful. Besides her acting credits, she and not-quite-married boyfriend Brad Pitt are also heavily involved in charities, social activism, and promoters for world peace. Gross earnings: $14 million
- Beyonce Knowles – The pop princess of hip-hop, Beyonce’s singing talents are only matched by her beauty. Her credits include two solo platinum albums, fashion, endorsement deals, and acting. Gross earnings; $80 million
- David Beckham – The British soccer star was a celebrity in his home country before he ever came to the U.S. to kick around the old ball. His good looks and celebrity wife (pouty Victoria Beckham), not to mention his high-profile endorsements in everything from sporting goods to men’s clothing, make him a very recognizable celebrity. Gross earnings: $50 million
- Johnny Depp – Until Jack Sparrow came along, Johnny Depp was that cool character actor more known for his wide range of quirky films. But after his portrayal of the Keith Richard’s-inspired pirate in Pirates of the Caribbean, Johnny Depp’s popularity soared like the jolly roger. Gross earnings: $72 million
- Jay-Z – By itself, being husband to the hip-hop diva Beyonce Knowles is definitely something to be proud of. But add two platinum albums and a $150 million record and tour deal, the rapper Jay-Z is doing alright. Gross earnings: $82 million
- The Police – The 1980’s rock band, fronted by Sting, is known for the songs like Roxanne, King of Pain, and Every Breath You Take. They would likely have faded into the distant rock past if not for their reunion and sold out concerts which grossed $200 million. Gross earnings: $115 million
- J.K. Rowling – The author and creator of the Harry Potter books is probably one (if not the) best-selling author of modern times. Her books about the wizarding school of Hogwarts and its students have sold millions of copies and created a huge fan following from both kids and adults alike. Gross earnings: $300 million
- Brad Pitt – He was a celebrity hunk before he ever hooked up Angelina Jolie. Considered to be one of the sexiest men in the world, Pitt is not only a great actor but also is involved, along with Jolie, in social activism and charities. Gross earnings: $20 million
- Will Smith – The once young rapper and star of the television show The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air has come a long way. After landing roles in movies like Independence Day, Men In Black, and I Am Legend, Smith has become a marketable face in Hollywood. He is currently married to actress Jada Pinkett Smith. Gross earnings: $80 million
- Justin Timberlake – Former boy-band member and steady boyfriend of Britney Spears, Timberlake has grown into his own as a musician and celebrity. His platinum album, acting credits, and high-profile relationships with several Hollywood actresses have definitely brought him plenty of media attention. Plus, he just signed a deal with MTV and several endorsements. Gross earnings: $44 million
- Steven Spielberg – Probably one of the most recognized and marketable directors in Hollywood, Spielberg is the film genius who brought us blockbusters such as the Indiana Jones movies, E.T., Jaws, and Schindler’s List. Spielberg is also a partner in the production company DreamWorks, which produced the cgi movies Shrek and Kung Fu Panda. Gross earnings: $130 million
- Cameran Diaz – The blonde starlet got her big break in The Mask with Jim Carey but went on to other hits such as Charlie’s Angels, There’s Something About Mary, and Gangs of New York. Being one of the highest paid actresses in Hollywood definitely puts her on the list as one of the most powerful celebrities. Gross earnings: $50 million
- David Letterman – Next to Johnny Carson, when you think of late night entertainment, you should think of David Letterman. His brand of quirky, sarcastic humor has been entertaining audiences since 1982. Gross earnings: $ 45 million
- LeBron James – NBA star with the Cleveland Cavaliers, James has won two All-Star MVP awards along with an NBA scoring title. James has several lucrative endorsement deals with companies like State Farm Insurance and Coca-Cola. Gross earnings: $38 million
- Jennifer Aniston – She wowed us as flirty spoiled Rachel on the television show Friends but Jennifer Aniston has broken out of that image with roles in movies such as Marley & Me, He’s Just Not That Into You, and Rumor Has It. Despite being dumped by Brad Pitt, she is still a leading actress in Hollywood and will be immortalized through the syndication of Friends, which she still draws a paycheck for. Gross earnings: $27 million
- Michael Jordan – Probably one of the greatest basketball players to ever set foot on the court. Jordan brought in a lot of money from endorsements before he retired from basketball but now his line of products for Nike brings in an annual $800 million for the company. Gross earnings: $45 million
- Kobe Bryant – Another basketball great who plays for the LA Lakers. Bryant is the youngest player in NBA history to score 20,000 points throughout his career and his endorsements include Coca-Cola, Nike, and Sony. Gross earnings: $39 million
- Phil Mickelson – The second best ranked golfer in the world just under Tiger Woods. Mickelson has won three major golf championships and a total of 36 PGS tour events. Last year alone he won $10 million from playing at events. Gross earnings: 45 million
- Madonna – The Material Girl who brought us hits like Like a Virgin, Papa Don’t Preach, and Borderline, owns her own multi-platinum empire. Proving that she still has what it takes to put on a great show, she recently signed a promotions deal for $18 million. Gross earnings: $40 million
- Simon Cowell – American Idol has brought us several things: some really good undiscovered talent, some really bad wish-we-hadn’t discovered it talent, and Simon Cowell. The British Idol judge and producer is known for his biting remarks and blunt criticism of all who stand at the microphone. Gross earnings: $72 million
- Roger Federer – When it comes to tennis, one of the top players in the world right now is Swiss pro Roger Federer. He has won 13 Grand Slam titles, 4 ATP World Tennis finals titles, and 15 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles. Gross earnings: $35 million
- Alex Rodriguez – Three-time American League baseball MVP and New York Yankee third baseman, Rodriguez is one of the most widely known players in the sport today. His contract is one of the largest ever in baseball and he has deals with Nike and Rawlings. Gross earnings: $34 million
- Jerry Seinfeld – Actor and comedian best known for the long-running and syndicated television sitcom Seinfeld. Before there was ever a Kramer, George, and Elaine, Seinfeld got his start in stand-up comedy which he still does along with producing for both television and film. Gross earnings: $85 million