If you’re looking to lose weight, you might want to know, “What is the LA Weight Loss System?”. It’s a perfectly reasonable question, as thousands of people have lost weight using this proven weight loss program.
The LA Weight Loss System is a franchised weight management organization located in facilities across the United States. Founded in 1989, it has now spread to over 850 LA Weight Loss Centers.
Each customer receives one-on-one counseling and advice on exercise and diet. Counselors help clients fine-tune their diet to meet their needs, and they will also provide motivation. Safe weight loss is emphasized, and the ultimate goal is to allow the client to lose weight and then control it through lifelong weight management.
How Does It LA Weight Loss Work?
Besides wondering, “What is the LA Weight Loss System?”, you might also be curious as to how it works. This section should give you a basic idea of what makes the LA Weight Loss System tick.
The program is divided up into three distinctive phases: weight loss, stabilization and maintenance. In the first phase, the goal is to lose weight at an average of two pounds per week until you reach your target goal. The second phase lasts six weeks, and the final phase runs for 52 weeks.
Initially, the client is very limited in their calorie intake and choice of foods. As goals are reached, more foods are added back in phases. Depending on your specific goals, there are over 40 different ways to apply the teachings of the LA Weight Loss System.
Many counselors will encourage the purchase of nutritional shakes and supplements, but be aware that this is not mandatory. Since they get a commission on these sales, some overly-ambitious counselors may attempt to convince you that the supplements are necessary for success. That is not the case.
Advantages Of The LA Weight Loss System
- The customer does not have to purchase pre-packaged foods.
- Clients of the LA Weight Loss System learn to eat properly (whether at home or at a restaurant). A cookbook is also provided to allow customers to prepare their own healthy meals.
- Counselors are available to help clients lose weight. In many cases, this sense of encouragement and accountability are just what many clients need.
Disadvantages Of The LA Weight Loss System
We’ll now look at some of the disadvantages of the LA Weight Loss System. Just keep in mind that each customers experience will be different when using any weight loss program.
- The Price – Since the fee for the LA Weight Loss System must be paid up front, it can seem more pricey than weight loss programs where you pay weekly (such as Weight Watchers). Advertisements stress a $7 per week price tag, but customers have to pay for this all at once.
The average fee is in the $350 to $400 range, and purchasing Nu Lites or LA Lites nutritional bars can raise the price to as high as $800. In some cases, the client may also be charged an additional fee based on the results of a questionnaire which you are required to fill out before joining.
- Upselling – The people who work for LA Weight Loss System are salespeople who earn a commission each time they recruit a new client or sell nutritional bars and drinks. In some cases, this has led customers to accuse staff members of upselling in an attempt to make more money.
Basically, the client is told that he or she must buy the supplement products in order to succeed at the LA Weight Loss System. This is not the truth, as you can lose weight on the diet without ever taking any of the additional supplements.
- No Money Back – Once you turn over your money, it’s gone for good. Unlike many diet programs, the LA Weight Loss System does not offer a money-back guarantee. While the system can work, it’s a good idea to make sure it fits your needs before committing your money.